EITI Doctrinal Belief
WE BELIEVE IN…
1. A COVENANT-KEEPING GOD – He was before creation and ordered all of the processes in Earth. He formed a relationship with humans. Abraham was the first one with whom He “cut” covenant in the Earth. From His covenant with us He formed a land and a people, Israel, to fulfill His plans in the Earth. God will not violate His covenant.
2. OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN – The covenant keeping God is the Father of all humankind. The Father loves you and has a good plan for your life! God is the Father of your spirit (Hebrews 2:1). Your human bloodline may have issues, but your spirit comes from God. Though He used a male and female in your creation, He knit you together in your mother’s womb (Ps 139). If you know that, you can overcome any adverse inheritance in your bloodline. God loves you enough and is committed to you to accomplish His plan for your life. If you will agree with God, He is faithful to bring you into the fullness of your unique, destined plan (Phil. 1:6).
3. JESUS, YESHUA, THE MESSIAH – God loves you so much that He sent His Son (John 3:16). He came and dwelt among us to reveal the Father. Yeshua, Jesus of Nazareth, for 40 days withstood the enemy and adversary of our soul, Satan, and overcame every temptation that would be known to humankind. He submitted Himself to the Father of creation and became a sacrifice upon a tree for all humankind. This liberated us from the curse of death and destruction. This also caused the schism between Father-God and humankind to be reconciled. Because of the shedding of His blood, we now have access to come boldly before Father. Jesus perfectly represented the Father of creation to the earth realm. Through our relationship with Yeshua, Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah, we can now know our Father and have eternal Life.
4. HOLY SPIRIT – Jesus overcame death, hell and the grave, and ascended to sit at Father’s right hand. In ascending, He left Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Trinity, here in the earth. The Holy Spirit comes to release the life and holiness of God to us. He points us to the fullness of Jesus. He desires to make us supernatural creatures, equipped to do the works of God in the earth. The Holy Spirit, working through humans, is the restraining force of evil in the earth realm. (To learn more about Holy Spirit we recommend you read The Book of Acts: A Commentary.)
5. THE WORD – Jesus was and is the Word incarnate. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. The whole Bible is ours. All Scripture (Old and New Testaments) is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for us today. The Old Testament is just as much a revelation of the Father’s heart as the New Testament. Under the New Covenant, however, we relate the Scriptures through Grace. Our relationship with God is not based on an external, legalistic code, but on the life of God dwelling in us through His Spirit. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10).
6. LAW AND GRACE – The law was not given as a “works” system through which we could earn acceptance with God. Biblically, “Law” means “the teaching of God.” Law was given as a picture of God’s character and a window into God’s heart. Because God knew we could never achieve the righteousness the Law described, He sent Jesus as the ultimate manifestation of His grace and love. Through the New Covenant, God’s law is now written in and on our hearts. The path to righteousness is not through striving to keep an external standard, but in allowing Holy Spirit to produce His fruit in us.
7. COMMUNION WITH GOD through DEMONSTRATIVE AND INTIMATE WORSHIP: A FAITH EXPRESSION – In the beginning, God planted a garden and made humans the tenders of that garden. This was God’s place where He could commune with humans. That is still His goal. He told Moses to prepare a special place where He could dwell among His people. We are called to establish God’s manifest presence and power in a place so that from that place we can be sent forth. This is God’s principle of tabernacling with humans. Because of our belief in Jesus’ resurrection, we are called to worship. Our worship is linked into His resurrection power. God wants the worship that takes place in heaven to be manifested in the earth. Our highest call is to be worshipers of the true and living Creator-God. As we worship Him, His presence is manifested in our midst. As we praise, He inhabits our being and our place. Our worship is an expression of faith. Worship unlocks revelation.
8. THE OPERATION OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS – When Jesus ascended He gave gifts to humankind. These gifts enable God’s people to operate in supernatural dimensions and thereby accomplish the Father’s purposes in the earth. God calls all His people to minister with these gifts – regardless of gender, race, identity or past sin. God provided a specific order and alignment for these gifts (first apostle, second prophet, third teacher…) so that His people can be equipped to function as a mighty army in the earth. The Holy Spirit is in the earth to manifest these gifts in God’s people, from generation to generation.
9. THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND APOSTOLIC GOVERNMENT – We serve a King who is advancing a Kingdom. The King has chosen to position His Kingdom within humankind. He sends those who have His Kingdom within them into every aspect of society’s culture. The Kingdom of God is here now! The seven mountains of society are meant to be influenced and dominated by the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom has Jesus Christ as the cornerstone and apostles properly related to prophets form the foundation of the Kingdom. Apostles create and execute God’s prototype plan in the earth and through each nation of the earth until there is a house of prayer built for every people group. Jesus taught us to pray that God’s Kingdom would come to earth as it is in heaven.